Kitchen – A lot of festivities during the holiday season center around food. If you are entertaining guests in your home for the holidays, you will likely spend a large amount of time in the kitchen. Below are some simple preparation tips:
- Since the kitchen will likely be a popular gathering spot while cooking, it might be a good idea to have extra stools and seating handy in case people want to chat while they cook.
- Clear as much counter space as possible. There may be some appliances that are usually on your counter tops that can be removed and stored in cabinets and then brought back out when needed. Since there will likely be a number of people cooking at one time, the more counter space you have, the easier it can be for everyone to work together.
Guest Room – If you are having overnight guests for the holiday, below are a few simple steps you can take to make sure the guest room is ready for their stay.
- Make sure to have fresh linens available. An extra set of linens might also be nice.
- Your guests may want to use the internet – make sure to have your username and password readily available so that they have easy access.
Living Room – Besides the kitchen, the living room will likely be another popular gathering spot.
- Have games and activities available for kids (and adults). It might be a good idea to stop by a department store and pick up some board games and card games. This way your guests have things to do when waiting for food to be prepared.
The last tip is to prepare early – give yourself ample time to prepare for guests so that you do not feel stressed or overwhelmed with your ‘to-do’ list. Remember that holiday gatherings should be enjoyable.